- At the hotel: free
- At the TIC: free for exhibitors, otherwise £5 per day.
- Blue badge parking at the TIC: there is blue badge parking by the entrance nearest the Holiday Inn and International hotels. It’s feasible to drive a car from the hotel to the TIC each day (from blue badge space to blue badge space).
- There are also other car parks all around Telford. You will have no problems finding a space.
Concession rates are calculated by the treasurer alongside base rates: the two balance each other out.
Bursaries come out of money donated by the members for this purpose. The money can be used for no other purpose and if there is money left over it is rolled over to the next convention’s bursary funds.
Low Wage/Low pension.
If you aren't sure whether you qualify for low wage discounts/bursaries at conventions, start from the London Living Wage.
- £11.95 an hour, £418.25 a week/ or around £21k a year.
- If you are below that you *definitely* do.
- The median average salary in the UK seems to be about £30k (I am finding a range of figures), but I suspect that is actually quite high and still skewed by some demographic and geographic factors. But somewhere between 21k and 30k you can look at your own personal circumstances and make a decision.
- But please, please don't feel guilty or think "others are worse off". That's not what this is about.
If your disability means that travel /participation in a convention has added costs, please apply. Carers are entitled to a free carers place.
Also: If you are part of a group that historically/currently experiences discrimination in employment and participation, people in full time education, people who are carers etc.., please apply.
Levitation will be providing scooters free of charge thanks in part to a donation from the Dublin 2019 Worldcon.
If you would like a scooter for Levitation (or think you might need a scooter) please indicate this on your registration form.
The conference centre is very scooter friendly, and there are step free paths throughout the town centre and the town park. In order to make the most of this, Levitation will have a number of spare scooters that may be borrowed for the day or evening.
We are not sending out paper PRs. Instead, we are using the newsletter emails and the news blog on the website to send out information. Details about the hotel and dealers will be added to the website when we have the information.
As the Telford venue is large we do not anticipate having to cap memberships unless the Government brings in stringent social distancing measures.
Eastercon always needs volunteers, and we can find a role for everyone. Roles include helping with the convention build, supervising programme rooms, helping on the registration desk, with access and with many other areas.
You can decide how long you volunteer for. Some people spare just an hour, others choose to help out through the whole weekend. Every little bit helps, and every bit is appreciated.
We will support you with training where needed. As a thank you, we'll give you vouchers, known as Groats. You can use these to buy food and drinks from the site, artworks from art show, and items in the dealers room.
We will add the volunteer form to the website in April. But if you want to express your interest now, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a message when the form goes online.
Do you have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding Levitation 2024, please complete the form below. We’ll collate our replies here to help answer your queries.