This Covid statement will be fixed in January 2024 after which it can only get more restrictive (if we receive advice recommending this) and not less.
Levitation is in 2024 and we do not know what the Covid situation will be by then. We selected the Telford site in part because it is large, airy and with corridors wide enough to impose social distancing should that be needed.
But many of us have been relieved to see the decline of ‘con crud’ as a result of Covid mitigation policies and the following has been written with that in mind.
Eastercon is more than just a convention: it is a community. As such, we all have a duty to protect each other and to protect our friends, families, and peers.
We can’t protect from every danger, but we can do our best to protect from infectious conditions that are lessened by effective use of masks, hand washing and appropriate vaccinations.
- If you feel ill, do not attend the convention.
- Please consider checking that your vaccinations are up to date: this applies to Covid, flu and other recommended vaccinations.
- Please consider taking LFT prior to arrival, and we will also make them available for testing at the convention.
- Masks should be worn at registration, as this is a hot spot for transmission.
- Consider wearing masks in programme items.
- If you feel unwell during the convention, let Ops know and we will ensure that you are supported.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Use hand sanitizer (we will provide it, but please consider bringing your own).
- Be aware that people who happily hugged friends before Covid, might not be so keen now and check before hugging; you should always ask first.
Do you have feedback?
If you have any feedback on the policy, email firstname.lastname@example.org